Monday, August 5, 2013

As I close this chapter of my life

As I close this chapter of my life
I can’t help but reflect
On the reasons we fell in love
The ways we made each other laugh
The times we shared, the tears

We really clicked from the moment our eyes met
I could look into your eyes and your soul comforted me
Nobody has ever made me feel that way
You were the first person who loved me... for me
I fell in love with you more and more every day

Then... I don’t know what happened
It was like one blink of an eye and my whole world crashed down
I completely lost control all of what I thought was my future

We grew apart...
That is something I wouldn’t have even imagined
You never struck me as a person who would give up on our love
I thought we'd be together forever

I can’t imagine someone else sharing our dreams
I was the one who was to meet you at the altar
I was the one you were supposed to love forever

I don’t know why this is better, but it is...
You are happier now and I can actually see that you are
I don’t want to be the one who makes you miserable
I just wanted to make you happy. I am sorry...

It hurts, it probably always will
Everything around me is a little piece of you
I won’t forget your enchanting smile
Your comforting touch
Your green eyes
Or your loving arms

I understand and I am trying to get past this
It is one of the hardest things I have ever done
I don’t want us to hate each other
But it will take a lot of time to heal the pain
And to forgive each other

I just thought you would always be there for me
I have never had to question that... but you have proved me wrong
I am not writing this to you to make you feel bad
This is for me, I can feel better knowing that I tried

Despite everything, I am happy for you
But it is easier to be happy for you by just knowing you are happy
It is harder and more painful for me
To actually hear you say the words

Time heals everything and so much time has passed
I just hope you will always cherish our times
and remember that I really do love you
And the part you played in my life
Joe, you were truly the most amazing person
You changed the way I saw things
You will always have this special place in my heart

Thank you for everything you have done for me
I wish you could have been there for me
At the most difficult time in my life
But I want you to know that I forgive you

I will always remember those unique special word, places and times
That could only mean something to you and me
You will just never know how much you have touched my life
Or how much you mean to me
I love you, Joey. Goodbye...

No comments:

Popular Posts