Saturday, November 20, 2010

You know the typical teenage girl


You know the typical teenage girl,
With the shattered cries and defeated pride?
Remember the broken hearts; the many secrets,
And the agonizing pain they try to hide?

It's funny how they're looked down upon;
How much they get yelled at for not letting go.
And what's even more amusing is that I do that now,
When I used to be one of those.

Those little girls with the made-up smiles,
Looking forward to nothing but a fairy tale demise.
Walking around hopeful, with such naivety,
Just to end up with a loved one to despise.

Broken down and tainted; unwilling to love again,
Staggering in agony and drowning in lost hope.
Trying so hard to find the path they've lost,
Attempting with all energy left to cope.

And though I still sit among lost memories,
I've open myself and done what those girls can't.
To slowly reveal the heart inside of me,
And accept the love of another man.

No comments:

Popular Posts