Saturday, November 20, 2010

Punctuated Lies


Punctuated Lies
Articulated brilliantly,
a bitter disguise,
My inbox is full
with your punctuated lies.

Consonants and vowels,
perfectly placed,
Deceit in each line,
so evenly spaced.

Sincerities facade in
twelve point font,
Spinning words in a web
to get what you want.

X’s and O’s that
seem out of place,
Spell-checked and perfect
all honesty erased.

Seduction with grammar,
cheap and pathetic,
I try to delete you,
your voice so esthetic.

Recycle-bin escapee
risen from dead,
Quite the cordial letter
new lies never said.

Pretend I am immune,
Ignore the “I love you”
(the one you didn’t mean).

Vocabulary dancing
you take the lead,
Such eloquent deception
open wounds to bleed...


FORWARD, Baby, forward,
to the one who wears your ring,
‘Cause this shall be your last dance
as I DELETE your everything.

I wonder how you’ll explain,
what fancy things you’ll say,
When she can see whose IN-BOX
you’ve been playing in today.

No comments:

Popular Posts