Saturday, November 20, 2010

I do not need a man


I do not need a man,
This is who I am.
Independent and free,
This is the new me.

I walk alone,
I am on my own, but strong.
No one to judge if I am right or wrong.

A new adventure,
a new world to behold,
I am confident, I am bold,
I do not need a man to hold.

No longer under a man's control,
I am pushing forward towards my goal.
If I rise or if I fall,
I shall know I did it all.

I am learning I am so much more,
then what you saw with your eyes before.
All the things you did to me so bad,
have turned around to be good,
It is only now that I have understood.

I was a prisoner in a golden cage,
I lived my life in the color beige.
But now rainbows abound,
new sights and sounds.

After the grey clouds disappear,
I have seen everything very clear.
Gone are the chains that bound me to fear,
and I do not need you near.

Loving who I really am,
I live my life by my own program.
I have become my number one fan,
and I do not need a man.

No comments:

Popular Posts