Friday, November 19, 2010

I Can't Face Another Tomorrow



It's been almost three months now
since you broke my heart that day
I tried so hard to hang on
But you slowly faded away

The memory of you still haunts me
In my dreams and when I'm awake
I pray someday you will realize
That maybe you had made a mistake

We laughed, we hoped and we dreamed
We were going to be together forever
Don't you remember the promises we made?
As long as we had each other we could face any endeavor

The sound of your sweet voice still lingers in my ears
The way it would get all soft and tender
Whenever you said I love you
Those memories I can't surrender

You shattered my heart when you told me you love her
But I still can't let you go
Please lie to me once more and tell me it's not over
Hurry before these tears begin to flow

Can't you see I'm so empty without you?
My heart is broken beyond repair
I have forgiven you for everything
But you don't even care

Tell me what makes you love her more than you love me?
What is it about her that makes your heart melt?
You once told me I was all you ever needed
What happened to that desire for me you once felt?

Your days are now spent with her as you forget about me
You are happy with another while I'm drowning in sorrow
I can't take the pain of losing you
I can't face another tomorrow



_________________

No comments:

Popular Posts